4 Ways to Prevent & Clean Smelly Slippers
Smelly slippers can be a nasty end to your day. When you slip out of your house shoes and into bed, the last thing you want is to be able to smell horrible odours. However, you don’t have to put up with unpleasant smells any longer. We guide you through what causes slippers to smell and how you can prevent this from happening.
Table of Contents:
Why Are My Slippers Smelly?
Sweaty feet are often thought of as the culprit of smelly slippers, but this isn’t necessarily the case. Rather, smelly slippers are the result of bacteria breaking down. As bacteria break down the long-chain fatty and butyric acids begin to smell. As slippers are a warm environment, bacteria thrive due to the enclosed nature. Keeping house shoes free of bacteria could help you wave goodbye to smelly slippers!
How to Prevent Smelly Slippers
For those who enjoy wearing men’s slippers or women’s slippers whilst relaxing at home, it’s essential you know how to prevent smelly slippers. After all, you don’t want any guests being greeted by the stink of your house shoes when they step in the door! Luckily there are a few things you can do to prevent smelly slippers:
- Choose antibacterial slippers - the easiest way to avoid smelly slippers is to choose a pair made from antibacterial material. This will fight odours before they even begin!
- Air your slippers - women’s and men’s slippers need to be aired. This means that whilst you’re not wearing them, leave them in a place that can experience a breeze.
- Wash slippers - if you do find your house shoes are starting to release an odour, make sure you clean your slippers properly to rid them of bacteria.
- Fight smells with household items - certain household items can fight unwanted odours in smelly slippers. From citrus peels that leave them smelling fresh, to tea bags that absorb moisture - there’s lots of ways to get rid of unwanted smells!
Each of these tips can help you wave goodbye to smelly slippers permanently. Whether you adore sheepskin slippers, lightweight cotton slippers, or traditional wool house shoes, you’ll now be able to keep them smell free thanks to Giesswein!
Good Riddance to Smelly Slippers with Virgin Wool
Antibacterial materials that prevent smelly slippers, don’t come better than virgin wool. Not only does this wool type create comfy slippers that you’ll never want to take off, but it also means your slippers won’t produce odours! The natural antibacterial properties of virgin wool fight bacteria, and stop it from multiplying, stopping smells before they happen! You’ll also find many other benefits to wool slippers:
- Moisture wicking - with moisture wicking abilities, sweat is taken away from the foot. Making these the perfect slippers for sweaty feet, this in turn can help to fight smells!
- Breathable - ventilation is essential for battling smelly slippers, which is why we have breathable slippers. Allowing air to circulate can help to prevent the build up of bacteria.
- Super soft - virgin wool is the softest kind of wool, making it perfect for winter slippers. Once you slip your bare feet into these house shoes, you’ll never want to take them off!
- Water resistant - keeping house shoes dry can help to prevent smelly slippers. As our adults’ and kids’ slippers are water resistant they’ll help to keep moisture at bay.
With so many bonus features to our house shoes, you’ll be wondering why you never switched your smelly slippers for wool ones before!
Easily Clean Your Wool Slippers at Home
Even with slippers that naturally fight smells, you may still find that they become a little dirty from time to time - especially if you use them as outdoor slippers. It is super easy to wash wool slippers at home. Simply pop your smelly slippers in the washing machine and leave them to dry naturally. You’ll soon have nice clean slippers that are as good as new!
Giesswein’s Odour-Free Shoes
There’s a reason that normal shoes can stink and Giesswein shoes don’t. Our men’s sneakers and women’s sneakers are made from merino wool,which is antibacterial. Like the virgin wool in our slippers, it works to prevent bacteria from multiplying, putting an end to smelly shoes!
Introducing Giesswein Footwear
We are a family-run merino wool brand. We create innovative footwear taking advantage of the unique properties of this wool. Whether you’re on the hunt for women’s vegan shoes or men’s vegan shoes, or a pair of wool hiking boots, you’ll take every step in comfort in Giessweins.